Fox and Friends Brian Kilmeade on Andrew Jackson|DACA, Immigration, and the Biblical Answer
Written by Gabriel Rench on February 4, 2018
Right after the Super Bowl–Live on Facebook at 7pm PAC time, tune in now here! Don’t worry if you miss us live, you will still be able to download the show on your favorite podcast platform.
We are grateful to our sponsors, and encourage y’all to check them out. If y’all haven’t heard about Logos Online School, visit their website at www.logosonlineschool.com. As with all of our sponsors, tell them you found out about them on CrossPolitic.
This week we’re joined by Fox and Friends host Brian Kilmeade. Brian just released his fifth book, Andrew Jackson and the Miracle of New Orleans, co-written with Don Yaeger.
The War of 1812 saw America threatened on every side. Encouraged by the British, Indian tribes attacked settlers in the West, while the Royal Navy terrorized the coasts. By mid-1814, President James Madison’s generals had lost control of the war in the North, losing battles in Canada. Then British troops set the White House ablaze, and a feeling of hopelessness spread across the country.
Into this dire situation stepped Major General Andrew Jackson. A native of Tennessee who had witnessed the horrors of the Revolutionary War and Indian attacks, he was glad America had finally decided to confront repeated British aggression. But he feared that President Madison’s men were overlooking the most important target of all: New Orleans.
In CrossPolitic news, we discuss DACA, what is it all about and what should the Christian response look like.
To find out more about our partnerships (limited number) and advertising packages, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Lastly, the best way you can help us out, is to join our club membership!
Upcoming events to note:
1) CALLED Conference July 16th through 20th– a conference that will challenge Christian high school students to become the next generation of cultural leaders, because they are CALLED…
→ to put on the whole armor of God
→ to engage culture
→ to advance the Kingdom
2) Trinity Reformed Church Epiphany Lectures are March 2nd and 3rd. Followup website for details.
3) Grace Agenda: Enraging Culture April 13th and 14th in Moscow, Idaho. Register here!
4) Good Shepherds’ Conference: Toby will be in Bloomington, Indiana February 21st through the 23rd. Register here!
5) New Saint Andrews College priority application deadline is February 15th. Apply here now! You can also visit the college during Prospective Student Weekends, coming up March 2nd and 3rd, and April 13th and 15th. Click here to sign up and visit.
*We are also scheduling, as our time allows, one CrossPolitic Live show per quarter. If you want to host a live CP show at your conference or special event, please email us at email@example.com.